Thursday, March 6, 2014

They Should Have Kicked Me Out

As you might already know, I spent my college years in the very humid land of very large insects: North Carolina. As a Pennsylvania native, to say I never quite fit in there would be an understatement. In fact, I'm surprised they didn't just kick me out of the state all together.

1) I hate Cookout
I really just never understood the Cookout obsession. There is nothing there I want to eat. Their milkshakes are chunky, their hush puppies are dry, and corn dogs are not a side.


2) I only wear pearls with certain outfits
Pearls don't go with everything, and should be reserved for nicer outfits.


3) I never wore a dress to tailgate
Nope, never. Not even once. Dresses don't even make sense to me as gameday attire. It's football, and I'm drinking beer. Doesn't it make more sense to put on a purple t-shirt and shorts in case I forget to be lady-like?


4) I don't really get monograms
Now, don't misunderstand- I LOVE monograms. I just don't want to monogram everything I own, especially if the item costs a lot of money. You see, someday I'm gonna get married (I hope) and my last name is gonna change, and then all of my monogrammed beauties will be, basically, useless. Don't Southern women ever worry about that?


5) I firmly believe that barbecue is a sauce, not a specific food.
The food itself is pulled pork. I also couldn't tell you the difference between the two different types of bbq.




post signature

6 comments:

  1. I hate grits and I would never wear a dress to tailgate in, I'm no southern belle even thought I live here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so funny! I've never heard of cookout... must be a southern thing us northerners don't get!
    -Alex
    http://www.monstermisa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of cookout before! Corndogs as a side?! Dafuq?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are sisters!! I've actually never even heard of Cookout though... Do you love sweet tea as much as I do??

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of Cookout! And wow wearing a dress to tailgate is WEIRD!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never heard of this "Cookout" but it sounds delightful. Perhaps I should petition to be inducted into the South.

    ReplyDelete