For some reason the boys thought it would be funny to wrap Ethan's bike lock around Elijah's waist and chain him to the banister in our entry way. And then, when they went to take it off, the combination wouldn't work! My mom came down and tried the combination, too, but it still wouldn't work. She grabbed wire cutters and tried cutting it off, but again to no avail. Finally she had to call the police station. She hung up the phone and the town's alarm sounded (yes, my town is that small) and we waited. Finally a police car, ambulance, fire truck, and two fire cars pulled up in front of our house (again, it is that small) and cut the lock to free Elijah. As the cop was writing down Eli's account of what happened, even he couldn't help but laugh. Elijah said "Now everyone at school is gonna know; this is so embarrassing!" Yes, yes it is.
|Me and my brothers; Elijah is on the right|
Now that I told you about the new best (and most hilarious) day of my life, let's talk about the Sunshine Award. The super sweet Alex nominated me, so I'm gonna answer the questions she gave me! I'm not gonna tag anyone, though, because I just did this the other day :)
1. What person in your life do you most look up to?
My grandmother. She's the most amazing woman I've ever met. First of all, she has 18 children. 15 of them are adopted. I
2. Did you have a favorite subject in school and why was it your favorite?
Probably English, because I was good at it.
3. Who is one person you'd like to switch places with for a day.
My cat. That counts, right?
4. How did you parents choose your name?
My mom wanted to name me Alexia but my Dad said it sounded like a disease. I like it, but whatever. So they agreed on Amanda
5. Do you have a favorite holiday? Why?
I love all holidays. Sam has recently figured this out, because I always make him feel guilty when he can't spend holidays with me. "You seriously made plans with someone else? But Columbus Day is my favorite holiday!"
6. What do you never leave home without?
A hair tie! I have a very hard time keeping my hair down for a whole day.
7. Are you team iPhone or Android?
I've mentioned a few times that I don't have a smartphone, but if ever decide to join this decade it will be iPhone or nothin'.
8. What is one place in the world that you'd like to visit?
France or Fiji. That's two places but it's a tie :)
9. If you significant other was on trial for something serious, would you lie to protect them?
10. Do you have a favorite YouTube video? Share the link!
This video will never get old. So funny.