What's that, you ask? Well, it's a lot like the Liebster. Basically someone nominates you, you answer a whole bunch of questions they wrote, and then you nominate some more people who bring sunshine to you day! If you want to get more technical, here are the actual rules:
1. Link back to my Sunshine Award Blog
2. Include the Sunshine Award logo in your blog
3. Answer the ten questions below
4. Nominate blogs that add a touch of sunshine to your day!
Pretty easy, right?
1. If you could pick a color to describe your personality, what would it be and why?
Well, my favorite color is orange but I don't think that fits, honestly. Probably purple. It's just a touch girly, fun but not too bright, and I've also heard it's the color of royalty ;)
2. If you had to pick one clothing designer or store to shop in for the rest of your life what would you choose?
Express. I like their clothes because they're professional, which is what my wardrobe mainly consists of, but they also have things that would be acceptable to wear out on a Friday night. I have a lot of clothes from The Limited, but they're not really appropriate anywhere but the office.
3. Why did you start blogging? (I love this question and the unique answers!)
I used to only look for craft blogs and recipe blogs, but obviously this meant that I came across other blogs on occasion. I got sucked into reading a couple lifestyle blogs, and read them every day. Then I started doing Cara Box, and reading the reveals every month, and I decided I wanted to do it, too! So I started a blog :)
4. What is your favorite movie or book?
That's a hard question! How about I just tell you my currently reading and watching, and we call it good? I'm currently reading A Million Little Pieces and it's really good! I had to get used to the style of writing, but I am enjoying to content. It's an autobiography of a man who was addicted to drugs and alcohol, and it's a really interesting perspective on addiction and treatment, plus there are the stories of a lot of addicts, and it's just really interesting.
I'm currently watching United States of Tara on Netflix and it's really good as well. I just finished the first season and can't wait to start the next. It's the perfect mix of funny and serious.
(note to self: don't look up gifs if you don't want spoilers)
5. The best day you have had to date, describe!
I've had a lot of good days, but the first one that comes to mind (though it might not be the best) is the day I got to NC to visit Sam in July! I mean, I slept through a lot of it and Sam went to work for 10 hours- haha- but it was so wonderful to see him for the first times in six months, and I felt so happy and so in love. It was really wonderful.
6. Your LEAST favorite word? (I hate certain words and I am always curious if others share my aversions!)
I do have words I just don't like, but I can't think of any of the top of my head. I don't like lot of "southern" words though, like buggy. It's called a shopping cart.
7. What is one thing you have always wanted to do but have yet to accomplish?
Get my doctorate. But first I need my master's, which I don't have the motivation or money for right now.
8. What is your biggest fear? (irrational or rational)
I am afraid of fire. I don't light matches or lighters, I don't burn candles. I just really don't like fire. That's why I LOVE Scentsy.
9. Who is your best friend and why? (No need to name the person if you don't want to. Description is fine!)
I don't know if I really have one, to be honest. For a long time it was my friend Mulysa, but over the last year-ish I've felt like we've grown apart. She's still important to me, but I don't know if she's really my best friend at this point. My roommate, Scott, is definitely one of my best friends, but is he the best? And then there's Sam. He's like my best friend, except he's my boyfriend so it doesn't really count. This is actually something that's been bothering me over the last couple months. I don't think I have a best friend.
10. What makes you "walk" on sunshine?!
McDonald's Smoothies, anything glittery, simple crafts, cuddling a kitty, and new clothes :)
I pick Pleas(e) and Carrots, She Crab Soup, Endlessly Beloved, Monster Misa, and It's Kayla Layla. I feel like I should pick more but that's all I got right now. Happy Thursday :)