Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Do You Even Blog Here?

Hey, you might remember me- I'm the girl who runs this blog. I'm too embarrassed to even go back and see how long it's been since my last post. Oops!

But, you may recall that I just got back from vacation yesterday *insert sad crying emoji's here* And just in case you don't recall, let me refresh your memory. I spent the last 6 days in sunny Charlotte, NC visiting my cute boyfriend. All I want is to hop right on a plane and go back. Who needs a job? Well, me unfortunately. But I'm making it through because that same cute boyfriend will be visiting me in just 8 days! His friend is getting married an hour from my mom's house. Crazy how things work out sometimes.

Anyways, my vacation was a blast and I had so much fun, but I took approximately 5 pictures of the whole thing. #Isuck. I wish I was the kind of person that remembered to take her camera out once in a while. Or, you know, just swipe up on her iPhone.

If you were guessing that most of the pictures are Elsa, you are 100% correct

I arrived Wednesday at waytoofuckingearly in the morning and we headed straight to Panera for breakfast. I'd already been awake for 5 hours, so I ordered a salad. Totally normal before 10 am, right? After breakfast/lunch we visited a friend so I could meet his new kitten, who was absolutely precious, and then we went to Sam's parents and spent the rest of the day watching TV and napping. I kept dreaming about work! Talk about a buzzkill- it was seriously the worst.

Meet Paxton, which I still think is a girl name.

On Friday the 4th Sam had to work. He wasn't supposed to, but since fireworks and alcohol are usually such a great combination they thought they might need a few extra cops around the city. I used this opportunity to hang out with my best friend/old roommate Scott. Anytime with him is a good time, and I was so glad we were able to get together. I wish we'd had more time to hang out!

On Saturday I woke up feeling 10 kinds of miserable. Sore throat, coughing, sneezing, stuffy nose- the works. In the evening I even ended up with a fever. We had plans to go to the lake with a bunch of friends, so Sam pumped me full of cold medicine and forced me to go anyways. As expected, I was very grumpy all day and probably made a bad impression on the three people I didn't know. Oh well. I also got a horrible sunburn, so that was fun.

Sick & sunburned, but at least I was with that guy!
(Also literally the only picture I took of us. Ew)

My illness stuck around for the rest of the trip, but nothing like that first day. We made Sunday a date day and ran errands, went out to dinner, and watched a movie together. It was honestly a really perfect last day, but it was so hard to not think about leaving. I just wanted to stay forever. We also got to sleep in on Monday since my flight didn't leave until after noon. It was so nice to lay in bed together one last time rather than rushing around half awake like we normally have to. As hard as it is to leave him, it's also a wonderful reminder of how blessed I am to have someone to miss.

Apparently I didn't take any non-gross pictures of myself.

Okay, this is already way longer than I meant for it to be! How did you guys spend your holiday weekend?


post signature

3 comments:

  1. Sunburns make me feel like crap too, other than that I'm glad you had a successful vacation and welcome back to blogging!
    -Alex
    www.monstermisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I hate that you were sick over the weekend, but I'm glad you're back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a relaxing and enjoyable vacation - minus the whole being sick part :/ Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete