Friday, June 17, 2011

Ten Things That Made Me Happy Yesterday

Sometimes when I have a bad day I make a list before bed of ten things that made me happy that day. Yesterday was a terrible day. I miss my boyfriend so much (he's working at a summer camp and we can't see or talk to each other often), I have family stuff going on, and the book I was reading made me pretty sad, among other things. The internet was out last night, but this is my list :)

1) I finally finished Mockingjay, and it actually turned out how I'd hoped.
2) I got to talk to Sam on the phone, even if it was only for fifteen minutes.
3) My precious kitty got to spend the night in my room for the first time.
4) Dinner with my sisters :) Love them.
5) Elsa used her litterbox twice during the day :) (She usually only goes at night)
6) I realized that her ribs are already less prominent than they were last Saturday when we found her.
7) I talked to my dad on facebook. I miss him.
8) My mom agreed to give me the money to take a spinning class
9) The bulletin board I made Sam :) I made it the night before but it looks really great.
10) The cable finally came back on and I got to watch The Nanny before bed :)

Some of the things on my lists are really simple (this is actually a good list) but I think that's kind of the point.  You force yourself to find 10 things that made you happy, even if they're silly, and even if it was only for a second.  It doesn't usually make my day any better, but it gets my mind off of the bad stuff. It's not that easy to think of ten things sometimes :)

Love, Anonymous

P.S. In case you were wondering, this is my little princess who was mentioned in 3 of my ten things :)






Elsa

No comments:

Post a Comment