Monday, August 10, 2015

A Grateful Heart

Okay, three days back on the blogging train and I already missed a post. Seriously?! But, I have an excuse. Our internet was out Thursday and Friday... again. I swear the AT&T people have been at my house more than I have in the last month (Okay, I'm exaggerating, but they have been here FOUR times!). I had a post drafted up for Friday and everything! Oh well, I'm just glad its back and hopefully here to stay! We switched to something that supposed to be super fast and cool, so we shall see.

Anyways, that's enough about my internet woes. Today I am linking up with Emily over at Ember Grey to talk about the things I am grateful for. I think it's so important to remember your blessings every so often and reflect on the things you are grateful for in your life. I've always always believed that everyone has something to be happy about, as long as you think hard enough.


...for the two sweet kittens curled up at my feet. They make me smile every single day and I just love them oh so much!


...for my beautiful roommate who had a yummy dinner in the oven when I got home from work today. I highly recommend getting a roommate who likes to cook!

...that, even though I never want to get anything wedding related checked off my to-do list, I am planning a beautiful wedding and get to spend the rest of my life married to the most amazing man.


...like extremely grateful, that even though I'm not making much money at the moment and am constantly stressed about my spending, I still feel secure every time I check my bank account. I'm also grateful that my mom taught me how to save and be frugal!

...for my Lilly agenda- it seriously keeps me sane these days. My schedule is so hectic!


What are you guys grateful for this week?

Grateful Heart w/ Ember Grey

post signature

3 comments:

  1. Being frugal is a good thing to know, you never know when it will come in handy!

    Roommates that cook for you sound like the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being frugal yet generous will serve you well for the rest of your days ;) I remember when we were planning or wedding I grew to hate it...but now, five years down the track, I would love to organise another wedding. I think the problem is though that there's so much to do all at once. To save my sanity, we just one thing to really focus on and put all of our effort into- we chose the ceremony- and then let the reception organise itself in a way. Rather than spending all of our time on decorating our reception venue, we spent a lot of time focusing on the ceremony, the songs to sing, the words we would say etc. It definitely made it all seem a little less overwhelming- at the end of the day, it's better to stay focused on why you are getting married and to whom rather than all the frills around it. Anyway, I am giving you a lecture you didn't even ask for- sorry! ha ha.. If you are interested, I wrote two posts that you may find helpful...
    http://www.thesweetsurrenderblog.com/2013/06/10-things-i-would-change-about-our.html
    http://www.thesweetsurrenderblog.com/2013/06/10-things-you-may-want-to-know-when.html

    Sorry for the essay :P
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda!!! I'm coming right over to snuggle that kitty- oh my gosh, so cute! I'm so glad you linked up this week :) Hope it's been a great one for you!

    ReplyDelete