Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Homemade Dog Treats

Elsa had her first vet appointment yesterday (and I said goodbye to $100.90). She did such a good job and everyone just loved her. She had a basic checkup, got her rabies shot, and had a blood test to check for FIV and Feline Leukemia. She handled everything perfectly, and I was so proud of how well she behaved.

Elsa doesn't have a carrier yet, and so we borrowed one from one of my sorority sisters. To say thanks, I made some homemade peanut butter dog treats and wrote her a cute little note. I made half the treats into quatrefoil shapes,  the symbol of our sorority, and the other half into "polka dots," aka, I used a shot glass to punch out circles :) For the note, I wrote in hot pink marker "Dear Lily (the dog), Thank you for letting me borrow your carrier. I hope you enjoy the yummy treats we made you!  Love, Elsa"  I attached the note, the recipe (printed in pink, of course), and a baggie of treats all with a purple bow. It turned out really cute, I can't wait to give it to her :)

Unfortunately, my camera is currently broken so I'll add pictures later.

If you're interested in the recipe,  I found it here. You can find the same recipe in about a million different places, as well, so hopefully that means it's a good one! :)

Love, Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment